Home Food Growing is an Organic and healthy Meal. Which you can quickly grow, and the benefits include the following: your organic fruits and vegetables are more fresh and nutritious and delicious than the fruits and vegetables which you buy from the market. It is said gardening is relaxing and stress lowering exercise.
Best Food To Grow At Home
There is nothing like fresh fruits and vegetables which you grow in your backyard. Fruits and vegetables which you produce are not only healthier, but they are tastier too. Here is some food to start your garden:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are the most common vegetables. It is an excellent source of vitamin c, k and B6 and biotin.
- To know: To grow tomatoes successfully you need to give them good soil, water them regularly and the plant should get six to seven-hour of sunlight a day. When you plant them make sure that the land is fertile and well-drained, full of compost organic matter. Tomatoes need six to seven weeks to grow. Remove the lowest set of branches and then bury them till the first leaves come out. Put your plant in the hot region.
- Cucumbers: cucumber is a good source of vitamin A, C, and its skin is rich in fiber. Since cucumber plant is a vine, but they can grow on the ground also. If you are planning them in the garden, be sure that soil drained and water did not pool anywhere. Cucumber produced in the warm season, so plant the cucumber seed when all frost has passed, and your soil has warmed up.
- Culinary Herbs: These herbs are super healthy, and you can find them at any grocery store. Herbs generally grow in sunlight. So make sure whether you grow them in gardens or containers they have excellent drainage because herbs don’t sit in wet soil. If you want a better taste of your herbs to starve them, rather overfeeding and overwatering them. Generally, plant your herbs after last spring frost. Herb like basil should plant after June.
- Beans: Beans are a good source of vitamin B, protein and fiber. They are the most natural vegetable to grow. Seeds are available in pole and bush varieties. Pole beans need support to climb; they are suitable for the small garden. Whereas, bush beans require big space to grow. Plant its seed directly into the soil after the frost is past and the clay becomes warm. Water beans regularly. To help stem and root to retain use mulches such as straw or grass clippings mound them around the base of the plant.
- Salad Greens: They are a good source of vitamin A, B1, B2, and folic acid. Salad green is of hundred types most popular are Boston leaf, iceberg, romaine. They grow in cold temperatures rather than hot. If you are planning to grow lettuce in your garden, choose iceberg or romaine. Plant green salad in early spring usually in mid of April when the ground became warm. When the plant is harvested pull leaves from outside so that leaves keep on growing inside. Salad seeds are not easy to handle because of their minute size. To avoid this purchase seed tape rather than loose seeds.