Beef lo mein is a popular dish in Chinese restaurants, and it is made with stir-fried noodles, beef, and vegetables.
If you have never had beef lo mein before, then you are in for a treat. This dish is not only delicious, but it is also very easy to make.
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the steak, baking soda, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and vegetable oil. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and ginger and stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the noodles and green onions and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the noodles are heated through.
- Make the sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir-fry until everything is coated.
- Serve immediately.
- If you are not a fan of onions, you can leave them out of the recipe.
- You can also add other vegetables, such as broccoli or mushrooms, to the dish.
- The Beef Lo Mein recipe can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve. Just reheat in the wok or skillet before serving.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 599
- Total Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 89 mg
- Sodium: 2,154 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Protein: 32 g
Health Benefits of Beef Lo Mein
1. Beef is a high-quality protein source.
Protein is essential for building and maintaining muscle mass. Beef is a complete protein, meaning it contains all the essential amino acids your body needs to function properly.
2. Beef is an excellent source of iron.
Iron is essential for energy production, immune function, and cell growth. Beef is a good source of zinc and B vitamins, too, which all play important roles in health.
3. Beef is a great source of CLA.
CLA is a type of healthy fat that has been shown to promote weight loss and reduce the risk of cancer. Beef is one of the best sources of CLA in the diet.
4. Beef is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Omega-3 fatty acids are important for heart health and have been shown to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and arthritis. Beef is a good source of these healthy fats.
5. Beef is high in zinc.
Zinc is essential for growth, development, and immune function. It is also important for reproductive health. Beef is a rich source of zinc.
6. Beef is a good source of B vitamins.
B vitamins are important for energy production, brain function, and mood regulation. Beef is a good source of B vitamins, including vitamin B12.
7. Beef is a rich source of selenium.
Selenium is an important mineral that plays a role in thyroid function and immune function. Beef is one of the best sources of selenium in the diet.
8. Beef can help you lose weight.
Beef is a high-protein food that can help you feel fuller longer and promote weight loss. A study in overweight adults found that those who ate a high-protein diet including beef lost more weight than those who ate a lower-protein diet.
9. Beef can help improve your cholesterol levels.
Beef contains healthy fats that can help improve your cholesterol levels. A study in people with high cholesterol found that those who ate a diet rich in beef had improved cholesterol levels.
10. Beef can help you build muscle mass.
Beef is a high-quality protein that can help you build muscle mass. A study in athletes found that those who ate beef were able to build more muscle mass than those who did not eat beef.
Beef lo mein is a healthy and delicious way to get your daily dose of protein. This popular dish is packed with nutrients that can help you lose weight, build muscle mass, and improve your cholesterol levels.
This Beef Lo Mein recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious Chinese dish at home. Made with flank steak, noodles, vegetables, and a simple sauce, this dish can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. So the next time you are in the mood for Chinese food, give this Easy Beef Lo Mein Recipe a try!